Landscape Crew Leader
At Meadowbrook Gardens our motto “Quality Plants, Friendly People” is also our goal and we are always looking for friendly, energetic people to help install and maintain our clients' landscapes.
The Landscape Crew Leader’s primary responsibility is to lead and guide a crew in installing landscapes from custom designs and performing designated maintenance tasks for established landscapes, with the highest level of quality and efficiency.
- Ensure crew dispatches on time, with proper equipment, tools and materials
- Ensure quality is kept up, proper procedures are used, and crew maintains proper timeline
- As a hands-on leader, you’ll be expected to perform all landscaping installation and maintenance tasks as would be expected of a crew member
- Safely operate machinery and equipment
- Communicate with supervisor about any complications and timeline issues
- Be the first line of client contact on site, listening to their concerns and providing the appropriate immediate response
- Ensure paperwork is filled out correctly
- Ensure tools are properly cared for, stored and accounted for each day
- Abide by all company policies and safety practices as well as ensure that all crew members abide by them
- Other duties as needed
- Must have 3-5 years experience in the landscape/maintenance industry
- Must have valid CT Driver’s License
- Great work ethic
- Timeliness and dependability critical
- Ability and knowledge of proper operation & care of machinery and equipment
- Ability to lead crew members
- Need to be able to keep accurate and organized work notes including timelines
- Must follow directions closely
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with crew, management and customers
- Ability to work in accordance with safety and company standards
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on occasion and 25 lbs regularly
- Ability to perform heavy physical outdoor work in all seasons and weather conditions
- Must be able to pass a background check and a drug screen.
Compensation is based on experience. Please visit our website at www.meadowbrookgardens.com to learn more about our company and to apply for our career opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you!